Need help resolving your IRS problems? Hiring a professional like IRS Hostage Negotiators is the key to success.
The best thing to do when faced with an IRS Problem is to hire an expert so you can get the best result possible. You might think, “of course I would hire a professional,” but did you know that not every tax professional is the same? Hiring a CPA, Attorney or EA is the smart thing to do if you OWE money to the IRS. What you need is someone who specializes in tax resolution.
Some taxpayers with IRS problems decide to face them on their own. Here are 5 reasons why that’s not the smart thing to do:
- Contrary to popular belief, you DO have rights as a taxpayer you probably don’t even know exist. One of those rights is the right to representation. If an IRS revenue officer or revenue agent calls or “visits” you, did you know you are under no obligation to answer any of their (very intrusive and condescending) questions? You politely respond by asking for their contact information and telling them you are in the process of hiring a professional to represent you and that this person will contact them directly. IRS Hostage Negotiators knows the “ins” and “outs” and how to deal with the IRS, protecting your rights. A tax resolution specialist will also know how to get you the lowest possible settlement. Generally, our clients never meet or speak with the IRS once we’re on the scene!
- Even if you owe less than $10K, have all your income tax returns filed, and are able to pay the amount due over 36 months with a guaranteed monthly Installment Agreement (payment plan), it still may be worth the relatively small fee to have a professional like IRS Hostage Negotiators set up a properly structured payment plan for you.
- If you owe between $10,000 and $200,000+, the IRS has flexible programs available to taxpayers such as Offer in Compromise, Partial Pay Installment Agreements, Payment Plans, Penalty Reduction, and Currently Not Collectible Status to name a few. Each carries with it its own unique process, rules, and qualifications. Having IRS Hostage Negotiators in your corner ensures you are taking advantage of the best options available to you.
- Having unfiled returns (on average our clients have more than 3 years of unfiled returns) qualifies for getting professional help. Not filing legally required tax returns when due is a federal misdemeanor that carries with it a $10,000 fine and potential jail time. Generally, the IRS won’t throw you in jail unless you’re deemed to owe a lot of money and are uncooperative about getting the returns filed.. Hiring a professional to represent you is the smartest move you can make here!
- If you are being audited– or are about to be– the IRS will ask you about 50 very intrusive questions in the first interview with them. How you answer these questions will dictate the fate of your case. Having a tax resolution specialist conduct these meetings WITHOUT you is the best course of action we can recommend. Half of the referrals to the IRS’s criminal investigation division (CID) come from that “nice” guy or gal you’re sitting across the table from at the audit.
Still not sure you need a tax resolution specialist to handle your case? One last thing….ask yourself this question: Would you go to court without a lawyer? If you answered “yes”…well… hopefully you know the law inside and out concerning your case. If representing yourself doesn’t seem like a good idea you already know it is best to hire somebody who is well versed in the subject. It’s the same with the IRS. IRS Hostage Negotiators knows how to negotiate and deal with the IRS and it is worth the small fee to let them handle things.
If you’re ready to take on your IRS problem, text IRS to 21000, and let’s get to work.